The death of a relative or close friend is a very difficult time for everyone involved. Probate might be the last thing on your mind but it is important because it helps:
- Establish the correct value of any assets and assist with equitable division.
- Identify any items specified in the will and the correct probate value of those items.
- To show that you have sought the opinion of a suitably qualified and unbiased professional.
- Enable HM Revenue & Customs to ascertain the correct amount of inheritance tax payable, if any.
The Richard Winterton name is synonymous with providing a swift, efficient, professional and confidential service to executors of deceased’s estates.
We will ensure
We regularly receive instructions from solicitors and executors to prepare the necessary legal documentation in relation to deceased estates of all sizes and levels of complexity.
- Duplicate, clear and concise documents, (listing any specific bequests where applicable) are provided usually within seven days of the initial visit.
- Items of value can be removed swiftly to our safe storage and properties can be cleared including all items for auction and items of no value.
Fees are calculated on each individual instruction, as a guide there is an initial cost of £125 and then £70 per hour thereafter for on-site valuations; charges vary for single items – please contact us to discuss.
All charges are subject to VAT and there will be an additional charge made to cover mileage.
Our fee includes assessment of the contents on-site, preparation and checking of the documentation back at the Saleroom, (including research where necessary) and duplicate copies sending to the designated party/parties involved.
Richard Winterton Auctioneers also offers professional detailed insurance valuations of jewellery and watches working in collaboration with Heather Callaway FIRV FGA DGA AMAE, a Fellow of the Institute of Valuers of the National Association of Jewellers and an Associate Member of the Academy of Experts.